Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant Review

It was music to my ears when I heard about all the clinical strength deodorants coming out.  I'm not a big sweaty mess or anything, but I think I could use some extra protection in that department.  Armpit sweat marks are nobody's friend and are quite embarrassing...

Back when Secret came out with their first clinical strength deodorant, I raced to the store only to find that it was close to $9!  That just seemed crazy to spend $9 on deodorant.  So disappointed, I almost was about to leave the store deodorantless, when down on the bottom shelf I noticed the Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant.  I had heard of Certain Dri from those cheaply made, weird commercials on TV of the woman dancing, then lifting her arm to expose a big armpit sweat stain.  I always laughed at those commercials.  Now...was I that woman?!



Thankfully, it was under $5.  A way better value then the other clinical strength deodorants...well, as long as it worked.

The directions say to apply to underarms only at bedtime and to use sparingly.  Only a few strokes under your arms are needed.  It comes in either a solid or a liquid.  The solid works best for people with sensitive skin.  The liquid worked just fine for me, though. 

It comes in a 1.2 fl. oz. bottle with a roller ball for application.  I applied it and went to bed.  The next day, I noticed a difference right away.  There were no sweaty armpits, no embarrassing moments, nothing.  It felt like freedom.  If you don't really sweat that much then this might sound silly, but to all the people out there that do sweat more than others.  You know exactly what I mean.

It has 72 Hour Protection so you don't need to apply it everyday.  It is unscented though and since I don't need to apply it everyday, I also have another deodorant that I use so I smell good.  Now that I have been using Certain Dri for a few years, I really only need to apply it when I am going out for the night or special occasions.  I really don't need to apply this for everyday activities.  This is a huge change because before, I would walk down the street or something and my armpits would be sweating. Not fun!

One thing I must mention...and the directions tell you this, but I guess I just don't listen.  Do Not Apply right after you shave your armpits.  I have done this quite a few times and it burns and itches for awhile.  It's rather uncomfortable.  It also says not to apply it to broken skin, on irritated skin, or immediately after bathing...probably for the same reason.

I really love Certain Dri, and it has in a way changed my life.  It's not fun to not be able to wear certain shirts or not be able to raise your arms without being embarrassed.  Now, I can do all of that and not have to worry about it.  It's a great feeling.

If you are looking for a Clinical Strength Deodorant, I would definitely say get Certain Dri.  It works great and is half the money than those other brands.

I purchased this product.  All opinions are always my own.  This review is specifically on Certain Dri Antiperspirant.  Have an Amazing, Awesome Day!!! 

No comments: